PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT FOR LATEST UPDATE ON THE WATER SITUATION
PLEASE RESTRICT WATER USE TO ABSOLUTE NECESSITY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
READ ATTACHED NOTICE & MAYOR'S LETTER FOR DETAILS
Further to the notification on December 10th at 4:30 p.m., please note the following information:
· The Village is currently on extreme water restrictions – use only what is absolutely necessary at this time
· The Village's Bylaw phone has been set up as a temporary emergency update line until further notice. The phone is intended only to provide the most up-to-date information to callers and will not accept messages. Please use this line for updates rather than calling the Village Office. The number is (604) 834-3404
· Village Staff are currently mobilizing and will re-activate the Emergency Operations Centre in the next hour – a much more detailed ePost will be sent at that time with indications of what the short-term and long-term projections are for dealing with this crisis
· A detailed information brochure will be placed in mailboxes this morning for those who may not be on the ePost list – we encourage all residents to circulate updated information to friends and neighbours to assist in getting the most up to date information out as quickly as possible
· Lions Bay School will not be open today – Lions Bay School staff will be at the Gleneagles Elementary site today and the school has advised that all school aged students will be accepted at Gleneagles Elementary today
Thank you for your patience as we address this matter. Updates will continue to be provided as they become available.
Mandy KoontsChief Administrative Officer
Both Harvey and Magnesia intakes are offline due to heavy rain and winds. The situation has escalated to require the Emergency Operations Centre to be activated at level one by Village staff.
The degree of damage and the stability of the site is severe enough that Public Works crews are not currently able to access by foot due to safety concerns. Emergency Management BC has also been notified and are following this issue closely through verbal updates with staff.
There is currently NOT a boil water advisory in place. The water is still safe to drink but the available supply is extremely limited. Crews are continuing to monitor water quality and Vancouver Coastal Health has been notified of the ongoing issues.
PLEASE RESTRICT WATER USE TO ABSOLUTE NECESSITY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The Squamish RCMP are asking for residents assistance with an attempted break-in at the Lions Bay General Store.
The incident happened early morning during the power outage.
If any resident noticed anything suspicious during this time, please contact the Squamish RCMP at their non-emergency number 1-604-892-6100. (collect calls accepted)
Susan Loutet - Administrative Assistant
Single-lane alternating traffic is now flowing on Bayview Road. Please use caution in this area and obey direction of traffic control personnel. BC Hydro will continue to work to fully restore power in the area.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The recent rain and wind storms have come to Lions Bay; bringing power outages and downed branches. Crews are currently out with chainsaws and sandbags, checking all streets, culverts, and ditches as well as systematically checking all Village infrastructure. High tides coupled with storm surges have created very high water levels at both Brunswick Beach and at the Marina.
Please be aware there are downed power lines near the corner of Mountain Drive and Bayview Road – Fire is in attendance and BC Hydro has been notified.
Residents are requested to remain safely indoors if possible throughout this storm system which is expected to last over the next few days. Updates will be provided as they become available.
Thank you for your understanding.
Employment Opportunity: Municipal Office Coordinator
The Village of Lions Bay has posted the above-noted employment opportunity on our website. Please visit our website to view the position details and application deadline.
The Municipality of the Village of Lions BayAdministrative Services TeamPO Box 141400 Centre RoadLions Bay, BC, V0N 2E0Tel: (604) 921-9333 ext. 101Fax: (604) 921-6643www.lionsbay.ca
THE VILLAGE OFFICE WILL BE OPEN FOR THE FOLLOWING HOURS TO ACCOMMODATE UTILITY PAYMENTS BY THE DECEMBER 31ST, 2014 DEADLINE.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 29TH, 2014 10:00 AM TO 6:00 PMTUESDAY, DECEMBER 30TH, 2014 10:00 AM TO 4:00 PMWEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 31ST, 2014 10:00 AM TO 4:00 PMTHURSDAY, JANUARY 1ST, 2015 CLOSEDFRIDAY, JANUARY 2ND, 2015 CLOSED
Page 2 of 10